Wednesday, August 19, 2009
Tuesday, August 18, 2009
Is there a 'Random Tuesday'? There are so many different Memes out there that it is very possible. I just picked the name because I needed a title and that seemed to be the one that encompasses what this post is about.
I've been asked where I've been. It's been hinted that a blog post would be nice. Finally today I got an e-mail that simply said:
Where the Hell are you and why haven't we heard anything from you in like forever??
So, in the interest of trying to answer the above person, I thought it would be easiest to do one of those random little posts with all kinds of little snippets of information... And, away we go!
- First... has it really been over 2 months since I made a post? Really? Wow! Uh.. sorry about that. Let's see if I can figure out what I've been up to.
- Daily chores are as always. Horses to feed, dog, cat, plants & husband to cater to.
- In addition to caring for my own critters, I have also been tutoring two little boys this summer. For 3 hours every morning I spend time with them doing reading, writing and arithmetic. They are 7 & 8 and going into the 1st and 2nd grade in just a few days. The oldest was having a little problem with reading last year. I think we not only have that licked, but both boys will be starting school a little ahead of the game. It's been fun, frustrating, and sometimes rewarding. I love that moment when you can see by the look in their eyes that they get it. I also spend an hour or two every evening getting stuff ready for the next day's 'class'.
- The hubs and I spent 2 wonderful days in Destin a few weeks ago. We met my Son, DIL, and grandson there. They were vacationing there for the week and we drove up to visit with them. It was a 6 hour drive there, but soooo worth it. Every minute spent with them is always precious. We ate out, played in the Gulf of Mexico, talked, hugged, and just enjoyed each others company. Paradise!
- Any spare time I've had this summer has been split between reading (I've read a bunch of really good books this summer), reading all of your blogs, and enjoying the new kitten.
- My latest addiction? Wii Sports Resort. I would feel guilty except that the Hubs is right there with me playing it. LOL!
- I've also been gardening this year. The last two years I have bought a few plants and they always died. It gets really hot here and the sun can be brutal. G. suggested that it wasn't my brown thumb, but a combo of the sun, the sandy soil, and bad luck. So, this year he bought me some hanging pots and two of the cutest posts for them. Each post has three hooks. We also got 2 planters that would hang on the fence on either side of my gate. Because the plants are in hangers I can move them out of the sun during the heat of the day and put them back in the evening. It Worked! I've got 4 hanging planters full of thriving flowers and 2 planters on the fence that are also doing well. I feel vindicated! Yes, there are pictures of the plants which I need to edit and post.
- Note: 2 posts, 3hooks each, 4 planters. What about the two extra hooks you ask? Well, I got a hummingbird feeder. It took a few days, but some hummers found us. We have 3 regular little visitors and they are sooo cute!
- We got the neatest umbrella this year and upgraded to two nice reclining chairs to sit under it. We've spent a lot of pleasant evening sitting out in the yard cooking out, enjoying our flowers, relaxing, and being amused by our 3 little hummingbirds.
- Pictures... I haven't been using the cameras much this year. I don't know why. I've taken a lot of the new kitten, but not much else. I plan on trying to get out of this slump this fall.... If anyone has a suggestion for 'getting my groove back', I am open to suggestions. :)
- The kitten... Nyx is adorable, and energetic, and cute and... into Everything! We love her, but she can be exhausting. She is an absolute love, and quite the little talker. She meows and tells us all about everything. She is very much a people kitty and wants to be around us all the time and gets very annoyed if we try to do anything without her. She has lots of toys (both intentionally bought for her and also the ones she invents for herself. Oh, and of course those things which are NOT meant to be kitty toys!), but her favorite is a paper bag. G laughed today when I was buying something at the mall and I asked if I could have a different bag because I knew the kitty would enjoy it.
- Morgan has decided she also loves the kitty. Good thing because the only toy Nyx loves more than a paper bag is... the dog. When we first got the kitten, Morgan was so careful of her. Now they wrestle and jump and chase each other all over the house. Who needs a TV for entertainment when you have them?
- I've only finished one afghan all summer. It was made in strips and I still haven't assembled it. If you wonder why, read the two points above this describing the new kitty..... 'Nuff said.
- I turned 49 this summer and G turned 48 the following month. We didn't do much for our birthdays. G's been giving me some flack about the big 5-0 next year, but I explained that I've been counting backwards for a few years and will only be 30......
That's pretty much it.... I'll try to post more often, but well... if something has to give it is usually my Internet time, and when I am online I'm more interested in reading about your interesting lives than blathering about my boring one! I think there are only about 2 or 3 people who still read me, but at least I try to give you something every couple of months.