Saturday, April 25, 2009

Quest the First --Book 2

For my second book -- New Moon by Stephenie Meyer 

 

 

This is the second book in the Twilight Series by Stephenie Meyer. I was late coming to this series, but since I enjoyed the first book, was looking forward to dipping back into this world. In the first book, there were hints that the local Indian tribe knew about Vampires in general and Edward's family in particular. In this book, due to circumstances that cause a separation of Bella from Edward, we get to discover more about the why and how of this knowledge.

This book is mostly about Jacob and Bella, and the growing friendship between them. I liked the character of Jacob that we met briefly in Twilight and enjoyed learning more about him. With Jacob we now have the third leg in what is to become a triangle.

Mild spoilers alert:

Edward left Bella to protect her, but she seems to be a magnet for the supernatural. First there is Jacob and the newly forming Werewolf pack, followed by the return of a the female vampire from the first book... who's reason for reappearing is to seek her revenge against Bella for the death of her mate in Twilight! After Bella commits what appears to be suicide, Alice returns. With the help of Alice, Bella travels to Italy and an encounter with the Volturi, the reining 'royals' of the vampire world, to save Edward.

All in all this was an enjoyable romp in a well thought out world. There were enough twists and turns to keep you interested and reading right along. I look forward to the third book to be released in paperback.

Want to join in the Once Upon a Time III Chalenge, stop in over at Stainless Steel Droppings and you too can play along!

2 comments:

DesLily said...

I didn't read this series.. I'm not a vampire person even when it's not like the "old time vampires" like the old movies lol.

One of the very few things I did try and enjoyed was a book called " Gil's All Fright Diner" it was a spoof. the vampire and werewolf were "reluctant hero's".. it was so off base I enjoyed it.

Rebecca Anne said...

You're here!
I've read the entire series and as you know I enjoyed all the books. You have far more will power then I do, I couldn't wait for a single paperback, I had to read them all NOW.
Rebecca