Monday, December 08, 2008

This Amuses Me...

 

otto-octupus-460_1054110c

 

Go here and check out the story of Otto the octopus. It amuses me that they had to do a stake out of his enclosure to figure out how he was doing it. He also periodically rearranges his tank to better suit his taste. People often do not give creatures such as these enough credit. They are much more intelligent than most people think. I did find the website for the aquarium where Otto lives, but it wasn't in English, so I didn't link to it.

10 comments:

Monica said...

LOL who would have imagined Otto the octopus could cause such problems! That amused me too.

Monica

Melissa said...

How interesting!!! And he's so pretty!

Thanks so much for your good wishes for Sarah and Bennie! It's so much fun sharing this news than keeping it to myself! God bless you reallllll good!

Hugs,
Melissa

DesLily said...

LoL.. I can't say I've ever met a ticked off octopuss before! LOL..

D said...

lol now that is funny thanks for sharing
hugs

Becky said...

Judi often blogged about the octopus at the national zoo in Washington. He also had an amazing personality. :)

Chris/cacklinrosie101 said...

Wow, he is really a pretty creature. I never would have thought they were so smart. Thanks for sharing...

Char said...

Now that's just too funny. Thanks!

Judith HeartSong said...

I loved this! Octopus are very intelligent (equal they say to the inteeligence of dogs, who are brilliant!!!) and we get to fee a Giant Pacific Octopus at the Zoo... so we adore them.

Really great story!

Rjet33 said...

It's so funny that I come across a photo of an Octopus when my daughter and I were just having a discussion about how much she likes them and she was asking me if I knew the plural for more than one was Octopi. I did not. Guess I learned something new, eh?

Merry Christmas!~

Susan

Traci said...

That's great! An octopus with personality! I hope they help to keep him happy!