Thursday, May 28, 2009

Quest the First -- Book 4

 

 

Dead to the World by Charlaine Harris is Book #4.

When I went to pick my next book from my TBR pile, I just couldn't resist the next book in the Southern Vampire Series. I really like the main character Sookie, and all of her neighbors, both human and supernatural.

This book starts off with a naked man on the side of the road and never slows down. There are Vampires, of course, but we also get to see more of the Weres and the shifters, learning more of their cultures. This book also introduces us to the Witches and to a new supernatural who, while not getting a full explanation for, seems to be an interesting species and one I'm sure we will see more of.

The naked man turns out to be Eric, the vampire, boss of her ex-boyfriend Bill. But this is an Eric who has lost his memory and seems to be a kinder, gentler Eric than the one Sookie has known in the past. Poor Eric doesn't remember anything, and whoever took his memory may be trying to kill him. Soon Sookie has not only an amnesiac Eric to worry about, but also a missing brother. While investigating what happened to Eric and to her brother, Jason, Sookie is reunited with the Were Alcide, and with his help finds herself heading straight into a supernatural battle involving the vampires, the werewolves, and some witches... And, if that isn't enough, who are those shifters who live isolated in the little town of Hotshot just outside of Bon Temps? You'll need to pick this book up to find the answers to these and other questions.

I'm really liking these books, and I've already picked up the next book in the series. I'm sure it won't be long before I dive right back into the happenings in Bon Temps and the surrounding areas.

If you want to join in the Challenge, pop over to Stainless Steel Droppings to see how it all works. Come on, join us, you know you want to!

4 comments:

DesLily said...

I feel bad that Mr Linky isn't working for so long for the challenge...

Hi JJ! I am here in...vero (thought I'd say sunny fla huh? )

glad you are enjoying your vampires lol... you should save some for Carls Halloween challenge!

Rebecca Anne said...

Hmmm, I haven't enjoyed a vampire book since, well, teenville twilight.
You know, you may just turn me into a sci-fi and coax me to embrace my inner geek soon.
Rebecca

Makita Jazzqueen said...

If you like vampires (of course you must have tried the Twilight saga) you should read the Evernight saga, which is composed of 4 books, only 2 are available already in te US (I think, because my friend travelled two weeks ago and brought me the second book).
They are about vampires too, but they are written in a way that makes you want to read more and more... Try them!

Cool blog, by the way. Check out mine:
http://jazzqueen.blogspot.com
http://maryeastmacott.blogspot.com
http://everyday--stuff.blogspot.com

drey said...

Welcome to the Sookie addiction, lol! I cannot not read these, I actually own all but the latest, and have been known to re-read them a time or two. =) This one is my favorite Eric book.