Thursday, November 02, 2006

Inkblots....

I've noticed that my posting since the "big move" have been a little sporadic, and dare we say, BORING! Mostly Monday Photo Shoots and Feline Friday entries....Hmmmm.... When did this become a photo blog? I mean it's called Adventures of an Eclectic Mind, not Photos Taken by Someone Boring!


I'm blaming my lack of interestingness (It's my blog and I'll make up words as I go along if I want to ;p ) on the fact that I am currently working on actually learning CSS instead of flying blind and doing a lot of 'What would happen if I changed this...?" type of coding. Not that it hasn't worked so far, but still I was ready to sit down and actually do a little studying and learn to do it the -right- way. Add to that the book on Photoshop Elements 4 I am slogging thru (and meanwhile they released Ver 5. Don't they know I'm not finished learning 4????) . Plus keeping up with all of YOUR blog entries. Well, overbooked is probably a good word.


Many times I see something and think about how I should do a Blog entry about it, often even composing it in my head, and yet not ever getting around to actually doing anything with the idea.Today it occurred to me that instead of just -thinking- about doing an entry when I see something interesting I should just -do- one! What a novel idea!


With all of that fresh in my mind I was reading my bloglines new entries and ran across a post over at My Day and Thoughts and she had an entry on doing an inkblot test. Being curious (and always liking to have reassurance I'm semi-normal) I followed the link over to Tickle and checked it out. It is supposed to be based on the original Rorschach tests. If you decide to give it a try, have a little time set by. It has over 50 questions. Still it was fun! I was a little surprised at my results, but very happy that no words like psychopath or dangerous to the general population were used LOL! So, without further ado I decided that it was interesting and that I would do a blog entry on it. Thus you are presented with my subconsciuos!!


Astaryth, your subconscious mind is driven most by Imagination


This means you have a deep desire to use innovative ideas to enhance your life and influence the world around you. This drive influences you far more than you may realize on a conscious level.
Your need to be innovative drives how you look at new opportunities and the kinds of experiences in life you choose to have. On an unconscious level, the reason you may be so driven by imagination is your fear of destruction, the opposite of creation. When you are unable to create due to restrictions imposed by your environment or even ones you unwittingly impose on yourself, do you feel trapped or confined? You may find these feelings of unease only get better when you find another outlet for your imagination.
With such a strong creative orientation, you are willing to entertain a broad spectrum of ideas at any given time. The world is a fuller, richer place because you can contribute new ideas to any experience. Your natural curiosity inspires those around you and encourages them to come up with ideas they wouldn't have thought of without your help.

Though your unconscious mind is driven most strongly by Imagination, there is much more to who you are at your core.


Want to see if you are normal? Wonder what drives your subconious? Go check it out! If you do, leave a link and let me know... I wonder about the people I hang out with, you know???

2 comments:

Kelly said...

hmm, sorry, my brain is as twisted as yours is! LOL But I'm relieved to find out that I am on my way in influencing the world around me with my imagination!

Becky said...

I love ink blots!! I had a friend who was a psych major in college and I got her a game called "Ink Blots" for Christmas one year. I've always regretted not getting the game for myself too. It was so fun! Off to check out the link...